Packing light is doable if you keep these assumptions in mind.
- You will be doing laundry during your trip. Check out the laundry section for more details.
- All clothing must mix and match. Every piece has to be intermixable to provide different outfit combinations.
- Clothing must layer easily to provide warmth in cooler weather since you are not relying on a singular bulky knit.
Select clothing that not only fits well but that is lightweight. Lightweight clothing not only minimizes bulk but also tends to dry quickly which helps when doing laundry on the fly. Here are some more guidelines:
- Synthetic fabrics dry quickly (lyocell, modal, nylon, acrylic, rayon, polyester, lycra, spandex blends, etc. )
- Hand washable lightweight silk also dries quickly
- 100% cotton takes forever to dry and isnâ€™t as compact as synthetics (a cotton blended with a synthetic is OK)
- If you donâ€™t want to deal with coordinating colors, you canâ€™t go wrong with packing all black and a few distinctive accessories.